Giving back to the community
One of the most valuable lessons you can teach your children is the importance of giving back. When it comes to generosity and giving back, there are numerous ways to do so and they can range from small acts of kindness to donating your own time and resources.
Core Values of Giving Back
When considering the core values of giving back, the following three principles play a key role:
- Empathy – Sharing and understanding the feelings of others
- Generosity – Showing kindness and giving abundantly to others
- Recognition – Acknowledging the existence and experiences of those who are different from you
Each of these three core values comes together to describe and make sense of the importance of giving back. With that in mind, discussing these three core values with your young child is a great way to initiate their understanding of what it means to do some good for others.
Ways to give back with Nosara Kids Camp:
- Beach clean up: We teach kids to respect, love and take off our playground which is the ocean and the beach.
- Share with local kids: We run non-profit surf camps and love to teach the local kids everything we know, so your kid can be part of this experience as well, learn from the Costa Rica culture and meet local kids.
- Costas Verdes: This is a non-profit organization founded in 2009 with the mission to restore devastated coastal ecosystems from past agricultural practices. By creating, leading, and implementing reforestation projects on public beach fronts and natural protected areas, Costas Verdes actively involves and empowers local communities to ensure sustainability in their projects.